Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Jay Abrams was born in America on the planet Angor, in Earth 8 of the Multiverse. By his adult life he had gained the power of and taken on the superhero persona of the Blue Jay and joined the super team known as the Retaliators. Eventually Blue Jay and the Retaliators came up against the evil Lord Havok and his servants the Extremists. Havok and his team were able to wipe out the Retaliators, with Blue Jay escaping by shrinking smaller then he ever had before. When he returned to consciousness he discovered that he was in a sub-atomic plane known as the Microverse.
Heroes in Crisis
- Size Alteration: Blue Jay has the ability to alter his size at will. He is capable of shrinking himself small enough to enter the Microverse, which is a sub-atomic plane of existence.
- Survival: Blue Jay was able to survive for years in the perils of the Microverse with nothing but his wits.
- Power Instability: After his fight with the Silver Sorceress Blue Jay partially lost control of his size altering abilities, sometimes when he went to bed he would wake up shrunken.
- Blue Jay was created by Mike Friedrich and Dick Dillin, first appearing in Justice League of America #87. However, in the Earth 8 continuity, Blue Jay first appeared as part of the Rebirth DC Universe in Justice League of America (Volume 5) #4 by Steve Orlando and Ivan Reis.
- 9 Appearances of Jay Abrams (Earth 8)
- 1 Images featuring Jay Abrams (Earth 8)
- Quotations by or about Jay Abrams (Earth 8)
- Character Gallery: Jay Abrams (Earth 8)
Expression error: Missing operand for -.