Jay West was the son of Wally West (the original Kid Flash) and his wife Magda, who inherited his superspeed powers from his father. His "uncle Barry", who was the Flash who took over the mantle after Jay Garrick, gave Jay one of his costumes to wear when he began his superhero career as the new Flash in 2008. His first case was dealing with Lex Luthor, whose brain was put into a robot form called Metallo, who was already confronting Clark Wayne (Knight-Wing) several years after he received the formula that gave him Kryptonian powers similar to his grandfather Kal-El (Superman). However, his superspeed proved only to be effective in getting Victor Stone (Cyborg) to safety after he lost the use of his arms and legs due to an electromagnetic pulse generated by Metallo.
- Speed Force Conduit: People who, for whatever reason, are connected to the Speed Force are sometimes called Speed Force Conduits. This means that they are connected to the Speed Force and are tethered to it.
- Accelerated Healing: The Speed Force connection allows the speedster's body recover from injury much faster than normal.
- Enhanced Senses: The Speed Force enhances the speedster's senses, allowing them to perceive the world at a rate attuned how fast they can react.
- Phasing: Speed Force conduits can tap into the Speed Force to vibrate their molecules in a way to achieve intangibility for short bursts, allowing them to phase through objects.
- Speed Force Aura: The Speed Force also manifests an aura around the speedster and whatever they are carrying, protecting them from adverse effects of their speed, such a friction with the air.
- Superhuman Stamina: While not unlimited, the connection to the Speed Force does bolster the speedsters stamina well beyond the limits of a normal human.
- Superhuman Speed: The main effect of the connection is to allow a speedster to move at vast superhuman speeds. This also confers:
- Vortex Creations: Speed Force conduits are able to create vortices of air by running in circles or rotating their extremities at super-speed. These vortices can be used for a number of effects.
- This character is native to the Superman & Batman: Generations series of stories.
- At top speed he is only one-fifth as fast as Barry Allen.
- 1 Appearances of Jay West (Earth-3839)
- 1 Images featuring Jay West (Earth-3839)
- Quotations by or about Jay West (Earth-3839)
- Character Gallery: Jay West (Earth-3839)
|Flash Family member|
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of The Flash, and a member of the Flash Family of speedsters. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Flash Family members" category.