Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Jeanne Walker was the gunslinger Madame .44.
For most of her life, Jeanne worked in a mine with her father William and his late partner's son, Henry. After striking big, Henry talked his mouth off to a prostitute, and the two teamed up to take the gold for themselves. They blew up the mine entrance, killing William and trapping Jeanne.
While digging her way out, Jeanne came across a green glowing pool. On the other side, she found herself in a mysterious land of Haponot with multiple moons. She deposed its demonic ruler Kerberos, but had no way to return home.
- Madame .44 was created by Gardner Fox and Gil Kane, first appearing in All-Star Western #117. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Madame .44 first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in All-Star Western (Volume 3) #30 by Justin Gray, Jimmy Palmiotti, and José Luis García-López.
- 3 Appearances of Jeanne Walker (Prime Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Jeanne Walker (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Jeanne Walker (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Jeanne Walker (Prime Earth)