Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Jeannie was the wife of the failed stand-up comedian who would become the criminal known as the Joker.
Jeannie was the wife of a failed stand-up comedian who would eventually become the insane mass-murderer called the Joker. Due to his erratic behavior and outbursts, she became concerned what he would do to their child while she was pregnant. Some of the police officers of the Gotham City Police Department helped Jeannie in faking her death after learning about this from her and gave her some money to flee to Alaska. However, this would play a factor in driving her husband insane. Batman, despite knowing Jeannie and the son she had given birth to were alive, kept it a secret so the media and the Joker especially wouldn't come after them.
- Jeannie was created by Alan Moore and Brian Bolland, first appearing in Batman: The Killing Joke. However, in the Prime Earth continuity, Jeannie first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Batman: Three Jokers #2 by Geoff Johns and Jason Fabok.
- 2 Appearances of Jeannie (Prime Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Jeannie (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Jeannie (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Jeannie (Prime Earth)