Jefferson "Jax" Jackson was a former high school quarterback who was hit by the dark matter from the particle accelerator explosion, which altered his physiology, making him a potential match for one half of the Firestorm Matrix.
- Firestorm Matrix: (Formerly) When Jefferson merged with Martin Stein, the two created the nuclear-powered being Firestorm. The Firestorm Matrix was controlled by two individuals when they achieved physical contact, and merged them into a singular being. Jefferson lost his powers, following the death of Stein.
- Psychic Link: While the two were merged into Firestorm, Jefferson could hear Martin Stein's voice in his head.
- Radiation Production: Firestorm was virtually a living nuclear reactor, and as such, created great amounts of nuclear radiation inside his body. This allowed him to harness the energy emitting from his either his own body or any near energy sources.
- Pyrokinesis: Firestorm was able to produce nuclear energy in the form of fire from his body. He could use his control over the energy to project it in the form of concussive blasts.
- Energy Absorption: Firestorm was capable of absorbing nuclear energy, as shown when he absorbed the blast from a nuclear warhead.
- Molecular Reconstruction: Firestorm could use his nuclear energy to break up the molecular structure of elements and rearrange them, allowing him to transmutate objects. He was capable of transmutating a meteor into water.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Basic)
- Mechanical Aptitude: Jax knows how the repair the Waverider, and is skilled in repairing other vehicles.
- Restricted Mobility: Jefferson's knee was injured during the particle accelerator explosion, as a result actions that put pressure on it such as sprinting may cause it to cramp.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series The Flash, its tie-in comic book series, and its related television series. It is an adaptation of Jefferson Jackson. The original character was created by Gerry Conway and Pat Broderick and first appeared in Firestorm (Volume 2) #1.
- Jefferson Jackson was portrayed by Franz Drameh.
- 54 Appearances of Jefferson Jackson (Arrowverse)
- 6 Images featuring Jefferson Jackson (Arrowverse)
- 3 Quotations by or about Jefferson Jackson (Arrowverse)
- Character Gallery: Jefferson Jackson (Arrowverse)
- The Flash (2014 TV Series) Episode: The Fury of Firestorm
- DC's Legends of Tomorrow (TV Series) Episode: Pilot, Part 2
- DC's Legends of Tomorrow (TV Series) Episode: Abominations
- DC's Legends of Tomorrow (TV Series) Episode: Moonshot
- DC's Legends of Tomorrow (TV Series) Episode: Aruba-Con
- DC's Legends of Tomorrow (TV Series) Episode: Blood Ties
- DC's Legends of Tomorrow (TV Series) Episode: Legendary