- Lightning strikes twice in this town. And the second time I strike it's for keeps!.
- — Black Lightning src
Growing up in Metropolis' Suicide Slum, Jefferson Pierce was a firsthand witness to the violence and gangs that controlled his neighborhood. After becoming an Olympic gold medalist and graduating college, he returned to help the community, but ran into trouble with a criminal organization called The 100. When they killed one of his students, Jefferson put his latent electricity powers to use as Black Lightning intent on bringing them to justice.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the video game DC Legends and is an adaptation of Black Lightning. The original character was created by Tony Isabella and Trevor von Eeden and first appeared in Black Lightning #1.
- 1 Appearances of Jefferson Pierce (DC Legends)
- 2 Images featuring Jefferson Pierce (DC Legends)
- 1 Quotations by or about Jefferson Pierce (DC Legends)
- Character Gallery: Jefferson Pierce (DC Legends)
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.
|Outsiders member |
This character is or was primarily a member of the super-hero team known as the Outsiders, in any of its various incarnations. They are a black ops team dedicated to fighting evil and taking the fall in public opinion that bigger groups like the Justice League cannot, started by Batman to avoid being crippled by public relations needs. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Outsiders members" category.