Jefferson Pierce was once the superhero known as Black Lightning, thought missing after his transformation into a being made of living lightning.
After the Magistrate's rise to power, Gotham City became a police state and began hunting anyone wearing a mask. Jefferson was one of the prisoners in the Magistrate Detention facility alongside Jimmy Olsen.
- Cursed Physiology: Jefferson was cursed by dark magic and made into a being of mystical living lightning.
- Electrokinesis: Jefferson is able to generate, become, and manipulate electricity for various purposes.
- Electro-Blast: Jefferson is capable of projecting the electricity he produces from his hands, as arcs and blasts.
- Enhanced Senses: Jefferson's powers allow him to tap into the earth's electromagnetic energy, allowing him to sense disturbances in it.
- Enhanced Hearing: Jefferson was capable of "listening" to electromagnetic frequencies.
- Flight: Jefferson can levitate and can fly by becoming a bolt of lightning.
- Black Electricity: Jefferson can generate a form of electrical energy that is mystical in nature and surpasses the capabilities of normal lightning. This lightning can bypass electrical shielding, physically empower others, and is often black.
- Power Instability: As a curse, Jefferson's powers are more wild and harder to control.
- Black Lightning (Jefferson Pierce) was created by Tony Isabella and Trevor von Eeden, first appearing in Black Lightning #1. Jefferson's first appearance as part of the Future State Universe is in "Outsiders" by Brandon Thomas in The Next Batman #1
- 6 Appearances of Jefferson Pierce (Future State)
- 2 Images featuring Jefferson Pierce (Future State)
- Quotations by or about Jefferson Pierce (Future State)
- Character Gallery: Jefferson Pierce (Future State)
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.