Jefferson Smith ran a used car racket under the alias "The Top".
In the early 1940s, Jefferson Smith, calling himself "The Top," ran a racket in which he would have his men take wrecked cars and hammer out any dents and paint over the scratches so they could sell it as new and make a profit. Superman found him out. While Smith was making his escape, he panicked and got in one of the defective vehicles instead. He was killed in an explosion that occurred when the engine caught fire.
- This version of the Top, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 1 Appearances of Jefferson Smith (Earth-Two)
- 1 Images featuring Jefferson Smith (Earth-Two)
- Quotations by or about Jefferson Smith (Earth-Two)
- Character Gallery: Jefferson Smith (Earth-Two)
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."