History of character has not yet been written.
- Genius Level Intellect: Even at a young age, Jeremiah showed genius.
- Obsession: Jeremiah is obsessed with Bruce Wayne, seeing him as the brother that he never had. To this end, he hoped to bring the darkness in Bruce out so they could be the same.
- Arrogance: After his plan to turn Gotham City to ruin succeeded, Jeremiah became increasingly egotistical and confident, which caused him to become more unstable mentally and to take more risks.
- According to showrunner John Stephens, Jeremiah along with his brother is heavily involved in the origins of the Joker and embody certain traits that explore the mythology of the character. The showrunners have since remained vague as to whether Jeremiah becomes the Joker later on or inspires him.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Gotham and its tie-in webseries and shorts, Gotham Stories and Gotham: A City Gone Mad. It is an adaptation of the Joker. The original character was created by Jerry Robinson, Bob Kane, and Bill Finger and first appeared in Batman #1.
- Jeremiah Valeska was portrayed by Cameron Monaghan.
- Jeremiah's chemical bath in Season 5 is an homage to the most popular iteration of the Joker's origin, which involved him being a regular guy who is accidentally knocked into a vat of chemicals by Batman. This resulted in him obtaining bleached skin, green hair, and red lips while being driven insane to become the nihilistic supervillain.
- Despite the homage, the chemicals on the show are merely a character transition for Jeremiah, not an origin story.
- 11 Appearances of Jeremiah Valeska (Gotham)
- 6 Images featuring Jeremiah Valeska (Gotham)
- 3 Quotations by or about Jeremiah Valeska (Gotham)
- Character Gallery: Jeremiah Valeska (Gotham)
League of Assassins member