History of character has not yet been written.
- Genius Level Intellect: Even at a young age, Jeremiah showed genius.
- Obsession: Jeremiah is obsessed with Bruce Wayne, seeing him as the brother that he never had. To this end, he hoped to bring the darkness in Bruce out so they could be the same.
- Arrogance: After his plan to turn Gotham City to ruin succeeded, Jeremiah became increasingly egotistical and confident, which caused him to become more unstable mentally and to take more risks.
- Described as "Proto-Jokers", Jeremiah Valeska and his twin brother Jerome are the precursors to the Joker. According to Gotham executive producer John Stephens, "Joker is somewhere out there, anonymous and unformed, and he's watching the actions of Jeremiah, Jerome and possibly even another one and he's adopting them as inspirations as the person he'll one day become."
- In January 2019, Stephens elaborated that Jeremiah undergoes a transformation in Season 5 that results in him becoming an "amalgam of Jeremiah and Jerome" and an "antecedent" to the Joker.
- In February, he further reiterated that the transformed Jeremiah is only intended to inspire the Joker, "One of the themes of the show has always been about the evolution of identity and how people can always change themselves from one identity to another. So, especially with Cameron Monaghan's character, first with Jerome and then to Jeremiah, then from Jeremiah to this new character. Obviously, we were always saying that this character is not the Joker but we were always saying what are different elements of the Joker that we can actually use and bring out and develop? This character may not be the Joker but we can imagine how this character could have lead to a character like the Joker, down the road somewhere."
- Jeremiah Valeska is portrayed by Cameron Monaghan.
- Jeremiah's chemical bath in Season 5 is an homage to the most popular iteration of the Joker's origin, which involved him being a regular guy who is accidentally knocked into a vat of chemicals by Batman. This resulted in him obtaining bleached skin, green hair, and red lips while being driven insane to become the nihilistic supervillain.
- Despite the homage, the chemicals on the show are merely a character transition for Jeremiah, not an origin story.
- 11 Appearances of Jeremiah Valeska (Gotham)
- 3 Images featuring Jeremiah Valeska (Gotham)
- 3 Quotations by or about Jeremiah Valeska (Gotham)
- Character Gallery: Jeremiah Valeska (Gotham)
- ↑ https://comicbook.com/dc/2018/10/24/gotham-cameron-monaghan-jeremiah-unsatisfied-with-no-mans-land/
- ↑ McMillan, Graeme (May 4, 2015). "'Gotham' Boss: Season 2 to Focus on the Joker Hollywood Reporter.
- ↑ Mueller, Matthew (July 11, 2017). "Gotham: David Mazouz Calls Jerome 'Proto-Joker'" comicbook.com.
- ↑ Fowler, Matt (May 10, 2018). "Gotham Producer Talks Joker Swap, No Man's Land, and Eventually Ending the Show with Batman". IGN.
- ↑ https://www.tvguide.com/news/gotham-jeremiah-joker-evolution/
- ↑ https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/01/31/gotham-cameron-monaghan-joker-new-iteration/