Jerry Noble became involved in the Second World War by happenstance, when his pet eagle led him to some stranded sailors, left on an island by a gang of Nazi saboteurs, who had stolen an American battleship. In his small speedboat, Jerry could only carry 12 of them at a time, and before even the first batch of them got away, the battleship returned, for gunnery practice! The marooned sailors advised Jerry that the big warship was run by just a skeleton crew. Jerry called for a very large flock of seagulls to aggressively attack the under-manned battleship's crewmen, providing cover, while Jerry and a dozen Navy men boarded it. These raiders captured the Nazi leader, Von Weissmann, and then took over the ship.
Afterward Jerry asked Captain Webb, U.S.Navy, not to reveal the day's events. He worked in strict secrecy, in close cahoots with U.S. Naval Intelligence, for the remainder of the war. He never adopted a costume or a secret identity.
- Animal Empathy
- This version of Yankee Eagle, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- Yankee Eagle featuring Jerry Noble ran from Military Comics #1 to #8, and from Smash Comics #38 to #47, a total of 18 appearances.
- In his later appearances, Yankee Eagle is called "Larry Noble", rather than Jerry Noble.
- In early appearances, Jerry Noble has black hair. By the end of his run, Larry Noble has brown hair.
- 13 Appearances of Jerry Noble (Quality Universe)
- 1 Images featuring Jerry Noble (Quality Universe)
- Quotations by or about Jerry Noble (Quality Universe)
- Character Gallery: Jerry Noble (Quality Universe)