Jerry Noble could talk to all species of animals, and using the call sign "Yankee Eagle," he used this ability to combat Axis aggression.
Jerry Noble became involved in the Second World War by happenstance, when his pet eagle led him to some stranded sailors, left on an island by a gang of Nazi saboteurs, who had stolen an American battleship. In his small speedboat, Jerry could only carry 12 of them at a time, and before even the first batch of them got away, the battleship returned, for gunnery practice! The marooned sailors advised Jerry that the big warship was run by just a skeleton crew. Jerry called for a very large flock of seagulls to aggressively attack the under-manned battleship's crewmen, providing cover, while Jerry and a dozen Navy men boarded it. These raiders captured the Nazi leader, Von Weissmann, and then took over the ship.
Afterward Jerry asked Captain Webb, U.S.Navy, not to reveal the day's events. He worked in strict secrecy, in close cahoots with U.S. Naval Intelligence, for the remainder of the war. He never adopted a costume or a secret identity.
- Animal Empathy
- Jerry Noble had a pet eagle, named Sam, which was able to carry out scouting missions and report its findings to him, and could drop grenades on designated targets.
- Jerry's father, Senator Noble, could send written messages, in a capsule attached to Sam's left leg, which requires really close contact with large and very dangerous bird. This was done without Jerry being present, so Jerry's influence over the bird was very complete.
- Jerry could explain a complicated task to a mouse, and rely on having it carried out.
- Seamanship Jerry Noble can fill every billet aboard a destroyer, and can train a crew of sea lions and monkeys to operate all of the equipment, including gunnery and boilers, within one week.
- This version of Yankee Eagle, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- Yankee Eagle featuring Jerry Noble ran from Military Comics #1 to #8, and Yankee Eagle featuring Larry Noble ran from Smash Comics #38 to #47. These were not the same character.
- 9 Appearances of Jerry Noble (Quality Universe)
- 1 Images featuring Jerry Noble (Quality Universe)
- 1 Quotations by or about Jerry Noble (Quality Universe)
- Character Gallery: Jerry Noble (Quality Universe)