Jess Chambers is the latest incarnation of The Flash. Originally from the alternate universe Earth 11, they came to Earth 0 to warn them of a great conspiracy, and decided to remain behind to help with the fallout.
Jess Chambers became aware of a grand conspiracy which threatened Earth 0 and journeyed there to warn the people of the coming crisis. In the aftermath of their multiversal adventure, they chose to remain behind. They adopted the legacy of the Flash Family, which was extinct on their new world, and joined the Justice League, although they kept their true identity secret from their teammates. Despite the League's rules forbidding fraternisation, Jess secretly formed a close friendship with Aquawoman.
Along with the rest of the League, they responded to an alert at the old, abandoned Hall of Justice, where their enemies the Legion of Doom had been murdered. Aquawoman and Flash were attacked that night at the Curry Lighthouse by members of the Hyperclan disguised as Superman and Wonder Woman. The Hyperclan captured and imprisoned the Justice League, then impersonated them.
The League were transported to Earth Omega, a planet of ash and fire in an alternate universe. The League quickly began infighting and accusing each other of being White Martian impostors. Batman was particularly suspicious of Jess, both because they are from an alternate reality and because Martians possess superspeed which would make impersonating a speedster easy for them. Flash proved their identity by using their unique ability to sense the vibrational frequencies of parallel universes to deduce that they were in an alternate dimension and was able to share their speed with the League and make a jump across the Multiverse back to Earth 0.
They arrived back on Earth just as the Hyperclan were about to put their plan into action and attacked. Protex fled into the Hall of Justice, chased by Batman and Flash. Protex took on Jess’ form and the two fought. Aquawoman followed them in and both Jess and Protex insisted they were the real Flash. Andy realised Jess was who they said they were when they called her “Princess”, Jess’ private nickname for her. Andy and Batman were able to overpower and defeat Protex. When the Hyperclan were defeated and recaptured, Jess revealed their identity to their teammates and went out for dinner with the rest of the League. A few months later the League met in the rebuilt Hall of Justice to decide who they would invite to join.
- Speed Force Conduit: Speed force conduits possess a connection to the Speed Force, a cosmic force that allows its users to push the boundaries that keep time and space. As a conduit of the Speed Force, all aspects of their physiology are accelerated and enhanced.
- Accelerated Healing: By having a connection to the speed force, every speed force conduit has an incredibly fast healing factor and can heal from most injuries in seconds and devastating injuries in minutes.
- Enhanced Senses: The Speed Force enhances the speedster's senses, allowing them to perceive and process thoughts faster than the normal person.
- Phasing: Speed Force conduits can tap into the Speed Force to vibrate their molecules in a way to achieve intangibility for short bursts, allowing them to phase through objects.
- Speed Force Aura: The Speed Force manifests an aura around the speedster and whatever they are carrying, protecting them from adverse effects of their speed, such as friction with the air.
- Superhuman Stamina: The Speed Force grants its conduits with a great increase of stamina, allowing them to fight or run much longer than the average person. Although a great increase, it is not unlimited.
- Superhuman Speed: The universal factor of being a Speed Force conduit grants its user with imperceptible amounts of speed. All powers that conduits possess derives from their speed.. This also confers:
- Superhuman Agility: The speedster's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to superhuman levels. This allows them to easily maneuver while moving at superhuman speed.
- Superhuman Reflexes: In conjunction with their enhanced senses, The speedster's reflexes are heightened immesurably, allowing them to dodge or react faster than normal.
- Vortex Creations: Speed Force conduits are able to create vortices of air by running in circles or rotating their extremities at super-speed. These vortices can be used for a number of effects.
- Cosmic Awareness: Jess can sense the different vibrational frequencies of parallel worlds, allowing them to determine where they are in the Multiverse and navigate the interdimensional space.
- Dimensional Travel: Jess is able to travel across parallel dimensions under their own power.
- Power Distribution: Jess can temporarily share their speed with others to allow them to move at superhuman speed or cross dimensions.
- 3 Appearances of Jess Chambers (Future State: Earth 11)
- 4 Images featuring Jess Chambers (Future State: Earth 11)
- 1 Quotations by or about Jess Chambers (Future State: Earth 11)
- Character Gallery: Jess Chambers (Future State: Earth 11)
- Future State: Justice League #1
- Future State: Justice League #2
- Being a speed force conduit conveys some core powers as demonstrated by Barry Allen and Wally West.
- The Flash (Volume 5) #73
- The Flash (Volume 2) #1
- The Flash (Volume 2) #76
- The Flash (Volume 2) #63
- The Flash (Volume 2) #2
- The Flash (Volume 2) #74
|Flash Family member|
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of The Flash, and a member of the Flash Family of speedsters. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Flash Family members" category.
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.