Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Jesus of Nazareth, also known as Jesus Christ, is the son of God.
Judas begged forgiveness for his actions, but the Council refused stating his betrayal of Jesus and his greed had forever tainted the world with sin. In return for his sins, he was cursed to walk the Earth by God until he paid his debt and given the robe of Jesus to wear, giving him great powers and transforming him into the Phantom Stranger.
Powers and Abilities
- Divine Empowerment
- This character is an adaptation of Jesus, a character in traditional stories. These include, but may not be limited to religious texts, myth, and/or folk lore. More information on the original can be found at Wikipedia.org.
- Jesus Christ was first adapted by Montgomery Mulford, Edward L. Wertheim and Don Cameron, first appearing in Picture Stories from the Bible New Testament #1. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Jesus Christ first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Demon Knights #4 by Paul Cornell and Michael Choi.
- His birth is celebrated every year on Christmas.
- 2 Appearances of Jesus of Nazareth (Prime Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Jesus of Nazareth (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Jesus of Nazareth (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Jesus of Nazareth (Prime Earth)