- I guess Sheriff Smith will be tickled to see you two toughies - - keep going an' don't look back. This gun might go off!
- -- Rambler Jim src
In the early 1930s Jim Hunter was born in Boston, the son of Admiral Craig Hunter, the famous explorer, and his wife, who died while Jim was still very young. The Admiral left on a long expedition, leaving Jim with a cruel and dishonest guardian. Eventually Jim ran away, and lived a hobo lifestyle for some time afterward. By dint of bad luck, Jim got embroiled in some dangerous adventures. Along the way he made some good friends, like Click Allen and Old Scratch, and overcame some bad enemies, like Fishy Gill and his gang.
- This version of Ramblin' Jim, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- Jim's adventures were presented in New Comics #4, New Fun Comics #5, and #6, then in More Fun Comics #7 and #8, under the title "Rambler Jim". It dropped out of the line-up for one issue then returned in More Fun Comics #10, under the title Ramblin' Jim. After that, it again dropped out of More Fun Comics and returned one more time in New Adventure Comics #14, for a total of seven appearances.
- 7 Appearances of Jim Hunter (Earth-Two)
- 1 Images featuring Jim Hunter (Earth-Two)
- 2 Quotations by or about Jim Hunter (Earth-Two)
- Character Gallery: Jim Hunter (Earth-Two)