Joe Chill was the mugger who murdered Thomas and Martha Wayne in front of their son, Bruce Foster Wayne. Bruce grew up to become an eccentric millionaire heavily in the public eye, and his last word on his deathbed was "Rosebud," the name engraved on the gun used by Chill.
- DC Comics has published two different and unrelated Elseworlds stories titled Citizen Wayne. The first was written by Mark Waid and Brian Augustyn with art by Joe Staton, published in 1994's Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight Annual #4. The second is a collaboration between Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Gaydos, published in 2000's Batman Chronicles #21. They are both clear references to the classic 1941 film Citizen Kane. Additionally, Part Two of "Blind Justice" by Sam Hamm, appearing in Detective Comics #599 has the same title.
- 2 Appearances of Joe Chill (Citizen Wayne Chronicles)
- 1 Images featuring Joe Chill (Citizen Wayne Chronicles)
- Quotations by or about Joe Chill (Citizen Wayne Chronicles)
- Character Gallery: Joe Chill (Citizen Wayne Chronicles)
|Elseworlds Character |
This character exists within an Elseworlds continuity, and as such is not a part of the mainstream DC Universe; they may also exist within the 52 Multiverse. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Elseworlds Characters."