Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Joel Cochin aka Paragon was a foe to the Justice League who absorbed all of their powers, but was eventually killed in a fight. His body parts still containing super powers, were distributed around the world. This led to Spyral to try collecting all of the body parts. The parts also caught the attention of many other organizations and people such as The Gardener, The Fists of Cain and Old Gun. Eventually, most of the parts were collected by Agent 37 but the leader of Spyral; Mister Minos was secretly a traitor and rebuilt Paragon to help him kill the Spyral Agents. After trying to kill Agent 1 and Grayson, Paragon attacks the Skullgirls but Grayson jumps in the way and is forced to shoot Paragon in the heart, killing him.
- Joel Cochin/Paragon was created by Kurt Busiek and Chuck Patton, first appearing in Justice League of America #224. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Joel Cochin/Paragon first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Justice League (Volume 2) #30 by Tim Seeley, Tom King, and Mikel Janín.
- 7 Appearances of Joel Cochin (Prime Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Joel Cochin (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Joel Cochin (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Joel Cochin (Prime Earth)
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice League, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Justice League Villains."