His past is an utter mystery (no one even knows when he arrived at the asylum), but he is somehow well aware of the dark history between the Arkhams and Thomas Wayne that led to the former's deaths and their daughter's transformation into her persona of Lady Arkham.
When Bruce Wayne was commited to Arkham Asylum after being drugged by Vale into attacking Oswald Cobblepot, John Doe saved him from being beaten by two vengeful inmates and strikes up an unusual camaraderie with Bruce. Afterwards, John told Bruce about his father's dealings with the Arkhams and Vale's intentions. He then offered to "help" Bruce to get a phone call in return for a personal future favor in which he caused a prison riot by provoking fellow inmate Victor Zsasz.
When Lady Arkham invaded the asylum in an attempt to release the inmates, John watched the entire chaos unfold and was fascinated by his first encounter with the Batman. A week later following Lady Arkham's death, John managed to leave the asylum and was at a bar watching a television news of the assassination attempt on either Bruce Wayne or James Gordon.
Powers and Abilities
- Deception: John is able to use his strange and socially awkward but friendly personality to his advantage and manipulate people into getting what he wants or to get them to underestimate him.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Basic)
- Investigation: John was able to deduce that Bruce and Batman were the same person from his interactions with both.
- Tactical Analysis
- John Doe was voiced by Anthony Ingruber.
- This interpretation of the Joker is considered to be one of the character's more unique interpretations, considering the fact that players can determine who he becomes in the end and the fact he unusually showed larger interest in Bruce Wayne than he did with Batman before deducing they're the same person.
- How Bruce treats John has a dramatic effect on his personality, if Bruce simply uses John as a tool against The Pact and doesn't trust him then John's personality will become homicidal and sadistic like most versions of the Joker.
- However if Bruce chooses to trust John and actually view him as a friend then after helping Bruce and the Agency arrest Harley Quinn John realizes that nobody should have the Lotus Virus, leading to Amanda Waller almost murdering him. As a result of this John becomes an overzealous vigilante determined to punish Waller and the Agency for behaving like criminals.
- In Telltale Batman universe, while he was John Doe his role in the Harley-Joker relationship switched. In this version, Harley Quinn is the dominant person while Joker is the one that obeys.
- But, depending on the player's choices the relationship may become more of an equal partnership, but regardless of the player's choices the Joker betrays Harley and she begins to hate him.
- 2 Appearances of John Doe (Batman: The Telltale Series)
- 5 Images featuring John Doe (Batman: The Telltale Series)
- 1 Quotations by or about John Doe (Batman: The Telltale Series)
- Character Gallery: John Doe (Batman: The Telltale Series)
|Batman Family member |
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of Batman, and a member of the Batman Family. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Batman Family members" category.