John Pemberton was the husband of Gloria Pemberton, the father of Sylvester Pemberton (and an older, unnamed son) and the adoptive father of Merry Pemberton (Merry, Girl of 1,000 Gimmicks) and 'Soapy' Pemberton. John Pemberton was a business-minded investment banker who desperately wanted his son Sylvester to take a more serious approach to his life. He often took him to the bank, intent on indoctrinating the boy into the life of high finance, but Sylvester's interests directed him towards a life of super-heroing.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-Two era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and no longer apply.
- 48 Appearances of John Pemberton (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring John Pemberton (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about John Pemberton (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: John Pemberton (New Earth)