Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Sargon the Sorcerer was a powerful magician in the mid-to-late-20th century, operating around the same time as John Zatara, Mister E, and Tannarak. After becoming so powerful, the four decided to use their powers together to appear godlike and form their own cult — the Cult of the Cold Flame — and create an army of magic users like themselves. Though Sargon was one of the strongest members of the cult, his spot was taken when his own daughter Jaimini killed him and stole his magic.
- Sargon the Sorcerer was created by John B. Wentworth and Howard Purcell, first appearing in All-American Comics #26. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Sargon the Sorcerer first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Constantine #1 by Ray Fawkes, Jeff Lemire, and Renato Guedes.
- 3 Appearances of John Sargent (Prime Earth)
- 2 Images featuring John Sargent (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about John Sargent (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: John Sargent (Prime Earth)