The Legion of Doom kidnapped all friends and relatives of the members of the League and mind-controlled the youngest generation of heroes to watch over them. John hadn't got a power ring at his disposal and was captured together with everyone else.
Eventually Green Arrow and Black Canary found the place where the Legion's hostages were locked and handed Hal's Power Ring to John. John quickly used the Ring to destroy the mindworms controlling Supergirl, Batgirl, Robin and other young heroes and wipe the knowledge of the League's identities from their enemies' minds. Afterwards he sent the Ring back to Hal when his friend was fighting Sinestro.
- Green Lantern Recommended Reading
- Green Lantern (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern (Volume 2)
- Green Lantern (Volume 3)
- Green Lantern (Volume 4)
- Green Lantern (Volume 5)
- The Green Lantern (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 2)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 3)
- Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern: New Guardians (Volume 1)
- Green Lanterns (Volume 1)
- Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps (Volume 1)
- 4 Appearances of John Stewart (Justice)
- 4 Images featuring John Stewart (Justice)
- Quotations by or about John Stewart (Justice)
- Character Gallery: John Stewart (Justice)
|Green Lantern Corps member|
This character is or was a member of the Green Lantern Corps, chosen by the Guardians of the Universe to act as their sector's Green Lantern and to protect it from interstellar threats with a Power Ring.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Green Lantern Corps members category."
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.