Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
- Thunderbolt?!Thunderbolt, where did you go? CEI-U! CEI-U THUNDERBOLT! COME BACK PLEASE! I didn't mean to throw you away!
- -- Johnny Thunder src
Johnny Thunder was born in 1917, and unknown to the world, was a member of the Justice Society, and his partner was genie Thunderbolt. Eventually, he did a unknown action to the Justice Society due to the angry words of Joe McCarthy (which is implied to have involved unmasking himself), and then began to go throughout rest homes for 37 years. He told tales of the Justice Society, but no one believed him except his great-grandson. Wally West I appears to Johnny, telling him to find the Justice Society, and tries to get Johnny to help him, but two workers of Johnny's current home, "Good Life", burst in, startling Johnny. He is pulled away and yells for Thunderbolt to come back, yelling "CEI-U!". Later, he gets up on to the roof of Good Life, yelling for Thunderbolt to come back, but the workers appear, surprised that he got up to the roof, and surprised that he has so much strength for a 90 year old. Johnny states the loss of the Justice Society is his fault, and says to the lightning Wally West, to find the Society.
- Johnny Thunder was created by John B. Wentworth and Stan Aschmeier, first appearing in Flash Comics #1. However, in the rebooted Prime Earth continuity his first appearance as part of the DC Universe is in Geoff Johns and Gary Frank's New 52 DCU: Rebirth #1 one-shot.
- 7 Appearances of John Thunder (Prime Earth)
- 1 Images featuring John Thunder (Prime Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about John Thunder (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: John Thunder (Prime Earth)
Justice Society of America member