- So this is how it ends... With the crazy cut out... And left to putrefy on a cold, stainless steel surgical tray. Ha. Just like they used to do in the good old days.
- — The Joker src
Before Futures End
Joker and Harley have reunited.
35 Years from now
After the world was overrun by Brother Eye, the Joker succumbed to the monstrous computer intelligence, much like the majority of the world's heroes and villains. Unlike the others, Brother Eye chose not to assimilate Joker, instead deciding to keep him for a special purpose. While imprisoned, the Joker wasted away as was fed nutrients through a tube until his spirit broke, leaving him begging for death.
Finally, though, Frankenstein arrived to fetch him, revealing that Batman had also been captured, rather than killed. This was enough to snap the Joker out of his despondency, punctuated by his characteristic laugh.
After discovering how Batman sent Terry McGinnis back in time, Frankenstein proceeded to perform a strange and twisted surgery on the Joker and Batman. Eventually he "merged" the two, placing Batman in a suit which served the purpose of Brother Eye's cause but with the Joker's head attached to the back of Batman's. This twisted abomination created by Frankenstein was then brought before Mr. Terrific as Brother Eye's assassin to go back in time.
- The Joker appears to have had his face restored, or else had a close reconstruction of his original face done at some point after the events of Death of the Family.
- 24 Appearances of Joker (Futures End)
- 10 Images featuring Joker (Futures End)
- 3 Quotations by or about Joker (Futures End)
- Character Gallery: Joker (Futures End)