Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Jon Haraldson was the immortal Viking Prince.
He eventually met his heroic death in 10th Century Greenland by fighting alongside Hippolyta and Black Adam against the Frost King, sacrificing his own life to defeat him. Since then, Jon's spirit inhabited Valhalla's eternal halls, until he was summoned by Hippolyta to fight alongside the heroes of the present era against the Frost King, who had threatened to freeze the whole world in search of his lost family. Jon's aetheric body was merged with the empty elemental vessel created from the Swamp Thing and became the new champion of the Green. After the Frost King's defeat, Jon refused to continue as an avatar and returned to Valhalla. 
Powers and Abilities
- Avatar of the Green(Formerly)
- Chlorokinesis (Formerly)
- Battle Ax
- Sword and Shield
- Viking Prince was created by Robert Kanigher and Joe Kubert, first appearing in The Brave and the Bold #1. However, in the Prime Earth continuity, Viking Prince first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in The Odyssey of the Amazons #2 by Kevin Grevioux, Richard Friend, and Ryan Benjamin.
- 10 Appearances of Jon Haraldson (Prime Earth)
- 4 Images featuring Jon Haraldson (Prime Earth)
- 2 Quotations by or about Jon Haraldson (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Jon Haraldson (Prime Earth)