""A Blaze of Glory"": Six bank robbers hole up inside of a small cabin to disseminate their stolen loot. However, they decide to split their take five ways rather than six, and they shoot their partner, Struthers. Hiding beneath the floorboards of the cabin is a young girl named Cindy. Scared by
- Whut in the ding-dong?
Appearing in "A Blaze of Glory"
- Emmylou Hartley (Final appearance)
- Brett (Single appearance) (Final appearance)
- Burke (Single appearance)
- Charlie (Single appearance)
- Medgar (Single appearance)
- Cindy (Single appearance)
- Frank (Single appearance)
- Harold (Single appearance)
- Maude (Single appearance)
- Sawtooth (Single appearance)
- Struthers (Single appearance)
- Colt Revolvers
Synopsis for "A Blaze of Glory"
Six bank robbers hole up inside of a small cabin to disseminate their stolen loot. However, they decide to split their take five ways rather than six, and they shoot their partner, Struthers. Hiding beneath the floorboards of the cabin is a young girl named Cindy. Scared by the gunfire, Cindy scurries out of the house and runs into the woods. The robbers hear her running away and give chase. As Cindy narrowly evades her pursuers, she runs directly into Jonah Hex. Jonah warns her to keep quiet, and hides her in the bushes. The bank robbers fan out and begin searching the entire area.
Meanwhile, Emmylou Hartley is stuck inside of a well. She calls out for help, but fears that her cries may alert Brett to her presence. An old trapper and his hound dog find Emmylou, and help her out of the well. He invites her back to his lodge to dry off.
Elsewhere, Jonah Hex manages to kill one of the bank robbers, and hustles Cindy to safety. He leaves her at the home of two elderly friends of his, then leaves to hunt down the remaining robbers. However, Cindy wants to travel with him, and sneaks out of the house to join Jonah.
Jonah is angry with her for not staying at the house, but decides that he can use her assistance after all. He hands her a shotgun and tells her to fire off a round towards the robbers once every ten seconds. While the robbers concentrate on the direction the shots are coming from, Jonah circles around a ravine and comes up behind them. Cindy manages to shoot one of the bank robbers, and Jonah takes out the remaining three with a stick of dynamite.
After the debacle is over, Jonah brings Cindy into town and reunites her with her parents. He then collects the bounty on the bank robbers and goes to the nearest saloon.
Meanwhile, Brett tracks Emmylou to the old trapper's house. He kills the trapper and his dog, but Emmy manages to escape. She runs into town and finds Jonah Hex at the saloon. Brett follows her inside and prepares to shoot it out with Jonah Hex.
Suddenly, Jonah's body begins to glow with an orange light and he disappears into thin air.
Hex body count: 4
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Jonah Hex Vol 1 92 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Jonah Hex series
- Jonah Hex Recommended Reading
- Western Recommended Reading
- Action Comics (Volume 1): featuring Vigilante
- All-American Western (Volume 1)
- All-Star Western (Volume 1)
- All-Star Western (Volume 2)
- All-Star Western (Volume 3)
- Bat Lash (Volume 1)
- Bat Lash (Volume 2)
- Crack Western (Volume 1)
- Frontier Fighters (Volume 1)
- Jonah Hex (Volume 1)
- Jonah Hex (Volume 2)
- Weird Western Tales (Volume 1)
- Weird Western Tales (Volume 2)
- Western Comics (Volume 1)
Links and References
- Jonah Hex article at Wikipedia
- Jonah Hex page at Toonpedia
- Jonah Hex fan page
- Jonah Hex biography page at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Jonah Hex (Volume 1) series index at the Grand Comics Database