- Why is it I am always in a desperate situation facing terrible odds when I see you, Hex?
- — Bat Lash
Appearing in "The Six Gun War Part Four of Six"
- Chako Mosquito
Synopsis for "The Six Gun War Part Four of Six"
Jonah Hex, Tallulah Black, Bat Lash, El Diablo and several Apache Indians are riding when they are set upon by a group of highwaymen. Hex and his party cross a river and find cover in some rocks, whereupon they begin shooting the highwaymen as they are attacked.
Meanwhile, Quentin Turnbull, a Virginian plantation owner who blames Hex for the death of his son during the Civil War, meets with a group of foreign assassins and pays them to kill Hex when he stops at a saloon in a nearby town.
When Hex and his compatriots arrive at the saloon, Hex is warned about Turnbull's deal by Chako Mosquito. Hex tells Chako to go outside the saloon and tell the Indians there, who have chosen not to drink at the saloon, to keep watch for the assassins.
That night, after everyone else is good and drunk, Hex draws both his six-shooters and steps outside to find that all of the Indians have been slaughtered.
This issue contains a preview of R.E.B.E.L.S. Annual No. 1
Publication date: September 2, 2009
- No trivia.
- Discuss Jonah Hex Vol 2 47 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Jonah Hex series
- Images from Jonah Hex Vol 2 47
- Jonah Hex (Volume 1)
- Jonah Hex and Other Western Tales
- Jonah Hex: Riders of the Worm and Such
- Jonah Hex: Shadows West
- Jonah Hex: Two-Gun Mojo
- Weird Western Tales (Volume 1)