"The Great Silence": Jonah Hex is offered fifty bounties by Horace Green, a man employed by Arlan Miston. He starts taking them out one by one.
- Ah... ah don't care if'n she helped deliver the baby Jesus... *huff*... I don't want her... touchin me!
Appearing in "The Great Silence"
- Wylie Doogan (First appearance)
- Mr. Krauss (First appearance)
- Horace Green (First appearance)
- Sherriff Jim Stroman (First appearance)
- Abigail Mondell (First appearance)
- Eddie Runford (First appearance)
- Silver Springs (First appearance)
- Colt Revolver
Synopsis for "The Great Silence"
Jonah Hex is offered fifty bounties by Horace Green, a man employed by Arlan Miston. He starts taking them out one by one.
Mr. Krauss, organizing the remaining wanted men, decides to lay a trap for Jonah - in Silver Springs!
Tallulah goes into labor and is brought into town by Sherriff Jim Stroman just as Mr. Krauss's gang starts shooting things up. Abaigail Runford, brought to mid-wife the delivery, kidnaps the new-born child. Jonah Hex finds Tallulah and vows to find the child, but promises that they are done as both friends and lovers.
Jonah finds Abagail. She has been imprisoned for killing the child on a train.The sherriff promises that she'll hang, but Jonah wants his own brand of justice for the murder of his baby girl.
Jonah returns to Silver Springs and finishes off the last of the fifty men. He also returns his child to Tallulah, as promised, but in a coffin...
This issue is 38-pages with a cover-price of $3.99.
- No trivia.
- Discuss Jonah Hex Vol 2 50 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Jonah Hex series
- Images from Jonah Hex Vol 2 50
- Jonah Hex Recommended Reading
Links and References
- Jonah Hex article at Wikipedia
- Jonah Hex page at Toonpedia
- Jonah Hex fan page
- Jonah Hex Blog with a "Body Count"
- Jonah Hex biography page at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Jonah Hex (Volume 2) series index at Comicbookdb.com