Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Johnny Allen was a high-profile criminal, on the run with his equally criminal girlfriend. Cornered on the roof of Central City STAR Labs, Allen was struck by a bolt of lightning which shattered the roof. The duo fell in the labspace below, with Allen landing amid the chemicals. Something in this incident granted him super-speed, and he went on to become a super-criminal alongside his girlfriend who had been empowered also, while his girlfriend took the name Atomica. The couple joined the Crime Syndicate at some point after this.
"Johnny Quick", as he now called himself, ran through Central City, answering to no-one... until the Day the White House burned. Around the time of Darkseid's incursion onto Prime Earth, the being that had destroyed Ultraman's Krypton came to Earth, and an alliance of super-criminals formed to find a way to safety.
Little is known of Johnny Quick's activities since then, until Alfred Pennyworth, who had managed to come through along with Atomica, engineered an escape for them. Once on another Earth, the Crime Syndicate imprisoned most members of the various Justice Leagues in the Firestorm Matrix and began a reign of terror, eliminating any opposition.
Johnny and Atomica took the lead in gleefully eliminating any who resisted, and Johnny single-handedly dealt with the Teen Titans by sending them into the future, and he and Atomica murdered the first iteration of the Doom Patrol.
However, when they came up against the Injustice League, things were different. Johnny attacked Captain Cold, whose counterpart he had tortured on his own world. Johnny disarmed him of his cold-gun, but had underestimated his foe, as Cold could trigger the gun with his voice. He froze one of Johnny's legs, then kicked it, shattering it. The crippled Johnny tried to crawl away, but was killed and had his powers stolen by the Syndicate's prisoner Mazahs. Atomica didn't last much longer than her lover, as she was stamped on by Lex Luthor.
- Speed Force Conduit: Speed force conduits possess a connection to the Speed Force, a cosmic force that allows its users to push the boundaries that keep time and space. As a conduit of the Speed Force, all aspects of their physiology are accelerated and enhanced.
- Accelerated Healing: By having a connection to the speed force, every speed force conduit has an incredibly fast healing factor and can heal from most injuries in seconds and devastating injuries in minutes.
- Enhanced Senses: The Speed Force enhances the speedster's senses, allowing them to perceive and process thoughts faster than the normal person.
- Phasing: Speed Force conduits can tap into the Speed Force to vibrate their molecules in a way to achieve intangibility for short bursts, allowing them to phase through objects.
- Speed Force Aura: The Speed Force manifests an aura around the speedster and whatever they are carrying, protecting them from adverse effects of their speed, such as friction with the air.
- Superhuman Stamina: The Speed Force grants its conduits with a great increase of stamina, allowing them to fight or run much longer than the average person. Although a great increase, it is not unlimited.
- Superhuman Speed: The universal factor of being a Speed Force conduit grants its user with imperceptible amounts of speed. All powers that conduits possess derives from their speed.. This also confers:
- Superhuman Agility: The speedster's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to superhuman levels. This allows them to easily maneuver while moving at superhuman speed.
- Superhuman Reflexes: In conjunction with their enhanced senses, The speedster's reflexes are heightened immesurably, allowing them to dodge or react faster than normal.
- Vortex Creations: Speed Force conduits are able to create vortices of air by running in circles or rotating their extremities at super-speed. These vortices can be used for a number of effects.
- Johnny Quick was created by Gardner Fox and Mike Sekowsky, first appearing in Justice League of America #29. However, in the Prime Earth continuity, Johnny Quick first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Justice League (Volume 2) #23 by Geoff Johns and Ivan Reis.
- 41 Appearances of Jonathan Allen (Earth 3)
- 18 Images featuring Jonathan Allen (Earth 3)
- 1 Quotations by or about Jonathan Allen (Earth 3)
- Character Gallery: Jonathan Allen (Earth 3)
- ↑ Justice League (Volume 2) #26
- ↑ Forever Evil #6
- ↑ Year of the Villain: Hell Arisen #1
- ↑ Being a speed force conduit conveys some core powers as demonstrated by Barry Allen and Wally West.
- ↑ The Flash (Volume 5) #73
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 6.4 The Flash (Volume 2) #1
- ↑ The Flash (Volume 2) #76
- ↑ The Flash (Volume 2) #63
- ↑ The Flash (Volume 2) #2
- ↑ The Flash (Volume 2) #74
|Crime Syndicate/Society member|
This character is or was primarily a member of the the CSA (Crime Syndicate of America • Crime Syndicate of Amerika • Crime Society of America), in any of its various incarnations, either on Earth-Three, Earth-3, Earth 3, or in the Antimatter Universe. As with all other CSA members, they are an evil version of a hero of the mainstream DC Universe, primarily the Justice League. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "CSA members" category.
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice League, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Justice League Villains."