- I ran. Suppose I been runnin' ever since. Only thing I've ever been at... only way I know to survive.
- — Johnny Quick src
In the aftermath of the rebirth of the Multiverse, Earth 3 was restored to the existence with an altered history: in the new reality, Jonathan Chambers was a young child who lived with his abusive father and his brothers in Central City. He also helped his father raise dogs for illegal fights.
At some point in 2016, Jonathan let the animals escape but his father discovered what happened and severely beated him. That night, Jonathan was gathering gas tanks in the middle of a lightning storm: he was suddenly hit by a lightning which, instead of killing him, mixed with the chemical compounds of the tanks and altered his biology, gifting him super-speed and allowing him to become a Speed Force conduit. After discovering his new abilities, he began running away and, eventually, murdered his hated father and siblings, preserving their decaying bodies into his old house.
Some time later, Jonathan, who had now become the evil speedster Johnny Quick, befriended a metahuman, Rhonda Pineda/Atomica, and began partnering with her; his evil deeds let him be acknowledged by Owlman as a valide candidate for a new team of metas.
The Crime Syndicate
Years later, as Johnny and Rhonda were running around Central City, they were attacked by the Starro Collective, a race of aliens who was targeting metahumans in order to assemble a team that could conquer the Earth. Johnny Quick was possessed by the alien and quickly ran to the capital of United States of America, Arnold, D.C., where he confronted Donna Troy, the Superwoman.
Their clash was stopped by the Emerald Knight of Coast City that was ambushed by an army of Starro-possessed metahuman that were backing Johnny Quick up; with the help of Owlman and Ultraman, Johnny Quick was freed from the Starro's influence and helped the other metas of Earth 3 stop the invasion. After the conflict, the evil speedster accepted Owlman's offer to join its team, the Crime Syndicate.
One month later, Quick and Atomica were relaxing into a bar in Keystone City but, despite having helped save the planet from the alien invaders, were attacked by the Keystone City Police Department for their previous actions and forced to run away from the city, eventually returning to Johnny's barn in Central City.
There, the couple was attacked by the Legion of Justice: Quick confronted the Red Hood who knocked him down with her mallet, Kirby; the speedster quickly recorevered from his wounds and, after Atomica deeply wounded Power Tower, tried to escape with her but they were stopped by the ring of the Emerald Knight whose energy fatally murdered Quick.
Johnny's dead body was taken by the Legion of Justice as they retreated from the battlefield. Later, after the Crime Syndicate attacked the Legion's space base, Atomica found Johnny's body, stating he did not want to left it behind.
Powers and Abilities
- Speed Force Conduit: Speed force conduits possess a connection to the Speed Force, a cosmic force that allows its users to push the boundaries that keep time and space. As a conduit of the Speed Force, all aspects of their physiology are accelerated and enhanced.
- Accelerated Healing: By having a connection to the speed force, every speed force conduit has an incredibly fast healing factor and can heal from most injuries in seconds and devastating injuries in minutes.
- Enhanced Senses: The Speed Force enhances the speedster's senses, allowing them to perceive and process thoughts faster than the normal person.
- Phasing: Speed Force conduits can tap into the Speed Force to vibrate their molecules in a way to achieve intangibility for short bursts, allowing them to phase through objects.
- Speed Force Aura: The Speed Force manifests an aura around the speedster and whatever they are carrying, protecting them from adverse effects of their speed, such as friction with the air.
- Superhuman Stamina: The Speed Force grants its conduits with a great increase of stamina, allowing them to fight or run much longer than the average person. Although a great increase, it is not unlimited.
- Superhuman Speed: The universal factor of being a Speed Force conduit grants its user with imperceptible amounts of speed. All powers that conduits possess derives from their speed.. This also confers:
- Superhuman Agility: The speedster's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to superhuman levels. This allows them to easily maneuver while moving at superhuman speed.
- Superhuman Reflexes: In conjunction with their enhanced senses, The speedster's reflexes are heightened immesurably, allowing them to dodge or react faster than normal.
- Vortex Creations: Speed Force conduits are able to create vortices of air by running in circles or rotating their extremities at super-speed. These vortices can be used for a number of effects.
- Jonathan Chambers/Johnny Quick did not exist until the Hands rebooted the Multiverse, seemingly taking the place of Jonathan Allen/Johnny Quick who previously existed in the Post-Flashpoint continuity of Earth 3.
- 6 Appearances of Jonathan Chambers (Earth 3)
- 4 Images featuring Jonathan Chambers (Earth 3)
- 2 Quotations by or about Jonathan Chambers (Earth 3)
- Character Gallery: Jonathan Chambers (Earth 3)
- Crime Syndicate #5
- Crime Syndicate #1
- Crime Syndicate #2
- Crime Syndicate #3
- Being a speed force conduit conveys some core powers as demonstrated by Barry Allen and Wally West.
- The Flash (Volume 5) #73
- The Flash (Volume 2) #1
- The Flash (Volume 2) #76
- The Flash (Volume 2) #63
- The Flash (Volume 2) #2
- The Flash (Volume 2) #74
|Crime Syndicate/Society member|
This character is or was primarily a member of the the CSA (Crime Syndicate of America • Crime Syndicate of Amerika • Crime Society of America), in any of its various incarnations, either on Earth-Three, Earth-3, Earth 3, or in the Antimatter Universe. As with all other CSA members, they are an evil version of a hero of the mainstream DC Universe, primarily the Justice League. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "CSA members" category.