Scarecrow is is an ex-professor of psychology who uses a variety of experimental toxins to exploit the phobias of his victims. He is enemy of Batman.
Crane was imprisoned in Arkham Asylum during Shredder's and Ra's al Ghul plot to take over Gotham City. He and other Arkham inmates were later freed by the Joker, who sprayed them with mutagen. Scarecrow was transformed into a mutant crow, and subsequently went to the boiler room to wait for Batman's arrival. He was encountered by Leonardo and Batman. A battle occured during which Scarecrow managed to dose the Turtle with his fear gas, causing him to hallucinate that Crane was murdering his brothers and taunting him. Batman was able to reach through Leonardo's hallucinations which encourage Leo to defeat Crane.
- Chemistry: Jonathan Crane is a proficient chemist and has used this skill to develop his infamous "fear toxin".
- Intimidation: Crane knows just how to use his toxin for maximum effectiveness including understand how he will appear when victims are terrified with his toxin. He takes considerable delight in frightening people.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the film Batman vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and is an adaptation of Jonathan Crane/Scarecrow. The original character was created by Bill Finger and Bob Kane and first appeared in World's Finest #3.
- Scarecrow was voiced by Jim Meskimen.
- 1 Appearances of Jonathan Crane (Batman vs. TMNT)
- 2 Images featuring Jonathan Crane (Batman vs. TMNT)
- 1 Quotations by or about Jonathan Crane (Batman vs. TMNT)
- Character Gallery: Jonathan Crane (Batman vs. TMNT)