Jonathan Crane is the son of Dr. Gerald Crane, a biology teacher who, after being too afraid to save his wife from dying in a fire, began to murder people for their adrenaline glands in an effort to concoct a fear toxin he hoped would cure him of his fears.
Testing an experimental version of the drug on his son Jonathan, the boy was rushed to the hospital after his father was shot dead by police, presumed by doctors to never be able to recover from his living nightmare.
- Phobia: Jonathan has a fear of the scarecrow that hangs on his family's property.
- Mental Illness: After being doused with his father's fear toxin, Jonathan is mentally unstable, unable to shake the hallucination of an animated scarecrow.
- 11 Appearances of Jonathan Crane (Gotham)
- 5 Images featuring Jonathan Crane (Gotham)
- 2 Quotations by or about Jonathan Crane (Gotham)
- Character Gallery: Jonathan Crane (Gotham)