Described by The Chief as a "genius bio-chemist who suffered a mental collapse". Mr. 103 first appeared in Midway City robbing banks, using his ability to transform his body, or parts thereof, into any element of his choosing.
The Chief theorized that Dubrovny had been experimenting with teleportation, requiring the separation of a man's body into its component elements. He developed a machine which could emit a ray beam capable of bestowing the ability to change into the elements.
The Chief shockingly declared the Doom Patrol to be a failed experiment and disbanded the team, but Negative Man reorganized the trio in a new headquarters. Failing to stop the shape-changing maniac, the Doom Patrol returned to the Chief for help, only to find him dying of radioactive blood poisoning. Knowing he was doomed, he had deliberately severed relations with the team, hoping they would try to succeed without him.
Now he enabled them to defeat Mr. 103, using a ray based on an extraterrestrial element. Negative Man then forces the captured villain to use his transformation process to cure the Chief's illness.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- His code name Mister 103 (and later, Mr. 104) is a reference to the number of elements discovered in the periodic table up to those times. Currently, the table has 118 elements.
- 11 Appearances of Jonathan Dubrovny (New Earth)
- 9 Images featuring Jonathan Dubrovny (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Jonathan Dubrovny (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Jonathan Dubrovny (New Earth)
Doom Patrol Villain(s)
Secret Society of Super-Villains member
Suicide Squad member