- Never mess with a particle physicist... jerk.
- — John Fox src
When the radioactive villain, Manfred Mota, brought death and destruction to the Central City of 2645, the Academy decided to send John into the past to retrieve one or more of the three Flashes to help defeat Mota. His mission was a failure, but the tachyon radiation that powered his journey gave him superspeed. He subsequently sent Mota through the timestream to the year 50 billion AD.
John set up an identity as the Flash, even changing his hair color to protect his secret identity. His glory lasted a very short while, because he was assigned to guard duty at the Time Institute after super fast robots known as Speed Metal had been introduced.
After a time-tossed Wally West came to his era, hinting that he may not have been able to get home, John remembered something from history. At the end of the twentieth century, an ice age occurred, setting back human civilization. He was afraid that if Wally had been able to get home, he would have stopped it. So John took some chronal gauntlets designed by Rel Vidar from the Institute and sets off for 1996.
There, John designed a new costume for himself and began operating as the Flash in Wally's absence. He soon fell in love with Wally's girlfriend, Linda Park. He was unable to stop the beginning of the Ice Age, which had been set off by Abra Kadabra and Polaris, but after Wally returned, they stopped it together.
However, Speed Metal soon caught on to his absence. They followed him to the 20th century, accusing him of violating the Time Travel Accord of 2659 and the theft of government-related time travel technologies. Again, he and Wally worked to together to stop them. Speed Metal would know to look for him in the 20th century after their operatives never returned, so John decided to leave for another era. John later appears in the 853rd century with the Justice Legion A.
- Speed Force Conduit: Speed force conduits possess a connection to the Speed Force, a cosmic force that allows its users to push the boundaries that keep time and space. As a conduit of the Speed Force, all aspects of their physiology are accelerated and enhanced.
- Accelerated Healing: By having a connection to the speed force, every speed force conduit has an incredibly fast healing factor and can heal from most injuries in seconds and devastating injuries in minutes.
- Enhanced Senses: The Speed Force enhances the speedster's senses, allowing them to perceive and process thoughts faster than the normal person.
- Phasing: Speed Force conduits can tap into the Speed Force to vibrate their molecules in a way to achieve intangibility for short bursts, allowing them to phase through objects.
- Speed Force Aura: The Speed Force manifests an aura around the speedster and whatever they are carrying, protecting them from adverse effects of their speed, such as friction with the air.
- Superhuman Stamina: The Speed Force grants its conduits with a great increase of stamina, allowing them to fight or run much longer than the average person. Although a great increase, it is not unlimited.
- Superhuman Speed: The universal factor of being a Speed Force conduit grants its user with imperceptible amounts of speed. All powers that conduits possess derives from their speed.. This also confers:
- Superhuman Agility: The speedster's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to superhuman levels. This allows them to easily maneuver while moving at superhuman speed.
- Superhuman Reflexes: In conjunction with their enhanced senses, The speedster's reflexes are heightened immesurably, allowing them to dodge or react faster than normal.
- Vortex Creations: Speed Force conduits are able to create vortices of air by running in circles or rotating their extremities at super-speed. These vortices can be used for a number of effects.
- 853rd Century Physiology: As a citizen of the 853rd Century, possesses a number of capabilities more developed than those typical in the 20th or 21st Century.
- Advanced Science/Mechanical Aptitude: Access to 853rd-century education allows characters to create technology beyond anything available in the 21st Century, and makes even advanced technology from earlier periods seem simple.
- Enhanced Intellect: possessed of neo-cortex structures, the people of the 853rd Century are capable of processing vast amounts of information that overwhelm even Kal-El's superhuman mind.
- Telepathy: Inhabitants of the 853rd Century have a 100% rate of telepathy, which they can use to access the artificial telepathic information network known as Headnet.
- Vulnerability to Chemicals: Jonathan's accelerated physical structure makes him particularly vulnerable to chemical attacks.
- 48 Appearances of Jonathan Fox (New Earth)
- 18 Images featuring Jonathan Fox (New Earth)
- 3 Quotations by or about Jonathan Fox (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Jonathan Fox (New Earth)
- The Flash (Volume 2) #111–118 (April-October 1996)
- The Flash Secret Files and Origins #1 (November 1997)
- Flash Special #1 (1990)
- ↑ Flash Special #1
- ↑ Being a speed force conduit conveys some core powers as demonstrated by Barry Allen and Wally West.
- ↑ The Flash (Volume 5) #73
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 The Flash (Volume 2) #1
- ↑ The Flash (Volume 2) #76
- ↑ The Flash (Volume 2) #63
- ↑ The Flash (Volume 2) #2
- ↑ The Flash (Volume 2) #74
- ↑ JLA #1000000
|DC One Million Character |
This character was created during DC One Million, and is a part of its possible future in the 853rd Century. DC One Million was a massive company-wide crossover event published in 1998.
|Flash Family member|
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of The Flash, and a member of the Flash Family of speedsters. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Flash Family members" category.
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.