- And there's one thing I do know, son, and that is you are here for a reason.
- — Jonathan Kent src
Jonathan Kent was the man who found the star ship that carried Jor-El's son, Kal-El, after it crash-landed in Smallville, Kansas. He soon discovered that young Kal-El was no ordinary child, as the young boy easily lifted up Jonathan's pickup truck after it fell off its jack.
Jonathan taught Kal-El — whom he named Clark, after the middle name of his wife Martha Kent — that he was given special powers for a reason, and not for just showing off in front of his friends as he did when he outran them back to his own house. In Clark's late teens, Jonathan suffered a fatal heart attack and died, leaving Martha a widow and his adopted son Clark feeling guilty that, with all his abilities, he was unable to save his father.
Powers and Abilities
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the Donnerverse film series and is an adaptation of Pa Kent. The original character was created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster and first appeared in Superman #1.
- Jonathan Kent was portrayed by Glenn Ford in the 1978 film Superman.
- 2 Appearances of Jonathan Kent (Donnerverse)
- 2 Images featuring Jonathan Kent (Donnerverse)
- 1 Quotations by or about Jonathan Kent (Donnerverse)
- Character Gallery: Jonathan Kent (Donnerverse)