"Bolts Across the Bay": Jonni and Harrison Trump fight for their lives against Red Nails and her Glamazons, while 'Slim' Chance makes yet another attempt to steal the Thunderbolt statue.
Appearing in "Bolts Across the Bay"
- Harrison Trump
- Red Nails
- Clarence "Slim" Chance
- Don Herron (Single appearance)
- Jonni's Thunderbird car
Synopsis for "Bolts Across the Bay"
Jonni and Harrison Trump fight for their lives against Red Nails and her Glamazons, while 'Slim' Chance makes yet another attempt to steal the Thunderbolt statue.
- No special notes.
- Opening quote is from Simple Art of Murder, written by Raymond Chandler.
- When they get out of the elevator, there is graffiti on the wall that says "Abandon Hope" ... this is an allusion to the famous words written above the portal to Hell in Dante's Inferno ... "Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate", or "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here".
- Don Herron, who is giving a walking tour in this issue in San Francisco, is a real person. As noted in the letters section of the issue, Herron gives a "walking tour" of real life places or their equivalents from the works of Dashiell Hammet (author of Maltese Falcon, The Thin Man).
- Letters section contains letters from Edward Witt, Mark Waldman, Thomas Prill, as well as a review by Don Thompson (then editor of "The Comic Buyers Guide").