Jor-El of the House of El was a Kryptonian scientist who prophecized the destruction of the planet Krypton and was not able to convince their high council.
He only had time to build one Rocket large enough for his child Kal-El to escape and be sent to Earth, where he was discovered by Jonathan and Martha Kent in Smallville, Kansas; that child would grow up as a great hero to become Superman.
Jor-El’s consciousness was saved on a crystal called a Sunstone, which allowed him to guide his son as a hologram in the Fortress of Solitude. He also helped his grandson Jordan come to terms with his developing powers.
Kal-El’s half-brother Tal-Rho eventually discovered the Fortress and destroyed Jor-El’s sunstone, as he blamed Joe-El for Lara leaving his father Zeta-Rho. Kal-El buried the shards of the Sunstone on the Kent Farm.
Powers and Abilities
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Supergirl and is an adaptation of Jor-L. The original character was created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster and first appeared in Superman #53.
- Jor-El was portrayed by an unknown actor in the Supergirl. He was recast in the Superman & Lois show, with Angus Macfadyen chosen to play him.
- 6 Appearances of Jor-El (Arrowverse: Earth-38)
- 2 Images featuring Jor-El (Arrowverse: Earth-38)
- Quotations by or about Jor-El (Arrowverse: Earth-38)
- Character Gallery: Jor-El (Arrowverse: Earth-38)