Josef Osterman was a German-American watchmaker and the father of Jon Osterman. He pushed his son into the profession of nuclear science, unintentionally leading him to the accident that transformed him into the nigh-omniscient being Doctor Manhattan.
Powers and Abilities
- The character first appeared in Watchmen #4, but was not named as anything but "Jon's father" until Before Watchmen: Doctor Manhattan #3.
- All three versions of Jon Osterman's father have different first names, with the original comics character eventually being named Josef, the film version not receiving one and being simply credited as "Jon's Father", and the HBO version being named Hans.
- 4 Appearances of Josef Osterman (Watchmen)
- 1 Images featuring Josef Osterman (Watchmen)
- 1 Quotations by or about Josef Osterman (Watchmen)
- Character Gallery: Josef Osterman (Watchmen)