Hit by lightning once while doing research, Carver did not gain any superpowers like the Flash had, instead receiving permanent burn scars on his forehead. Because of this, Carver became bitter towards speedsters and the Speed Force in general and sought to harness the Speed Force as a weapon. In the process of creating his "Speed Machine", Carver and the criminal group Black Hole ended up accidentally creating a Speed Force storm in Central City, resulting in the creation of many new speedsters.
Lightning Strikes Twice
Looking to apprehend Carver for his misdeeds, the Flash infiltrated his base and began demanding answers. However, in an attempt to fight back, Carver activated his Speed Machine, while artificially filled his body with the powers of the speed force. Instead of giving him super speed, though, the machine turned him into a sentient Speed Force storm monster. With the help of some new speedsters though, the Flash managed to depower Carver and have him arrested. 
Powers and Abilities
- Speed Force: Through use of a device called the "Speed Machine", Carver was able to artificially charge his cells with the Speed Force, granting him a unstable connection to it.
- Transformation: Carvers unstable Speed Force connection causes him to transform into a large creature when he overdoses on Speed Force, as his connection is unnatural.
- Superhuman Speed: After transforming, Carver constantly rotates at superhuman speeds.
- Aerokinesis: Carver's constant rotation generates extreme wind force.
- Electrokinesis: Carver's body generates large amounts of electricity that is green in color. This Speed Force lightning constantly emanates off of him.
- Power Loss: Due to his unstable connection to the Speed Force, Carver can be depowered by being "outraced" by another speedster.
- 7 Appearances of Joseph Carver (Prime Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Joseph Carver (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Joseph Carver (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Joseph Carver (Prime Earth)