- Your Honor... not a day goes by that I don't wish I could take back what I did. Sure, I was desperate, like a lot of people back then... but that don't change what I did.
- — Joseph Chill src
Joe Chill was the man who shot Batman's parents.
Joe Chill was a mugger and common criminal of the small time variety, who accidentally killed Thomas and Martha Wayne after a failed robbery in Crime Alley. Soon after, he is arrested by the Gotham City Police Department. Many years later, after serving a prison sentence with cellmate Carmine Falcone, he was allowed early release if he revealed information about Falcone's mob operations, much to the disapproval of Bruce Wayne. As he walked out of the courtroom, a woman hired by Falcone shot him in the stomach to keep him quiet. He died shortly there after.
Powers and Abilities
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the Nolanverse film series and is an adaptation of Joe Chill. The original character was created by Bill Finger and Bob Kane and first appeared in Detective Comics #33.
- Joe Chill was portrayed by Richard Brake in Batman Begins.
- 2 Appearances of Joseph Chill (Nolanverse)
- 1 Images featuring Joseph Chill (Nolanverse)
- 1 Quotations by or about Joseph Chill (Nolanverse)
- Character Gallery: Joseph Chill (Nolanverse)