Joe Rigger was a soldier and demolitions expert who returned to Gotham City when his family had been killed in three separate building-related accidents. His sanity slipping, Rigger vowed that those buildings would not kill again. Using his military training and a costume containing tanks of napalm, he became the Firebug and set out to burn all three buildings to the ground. He was defeated by the Batman atop the towering Gotham State Building, and believed dead after his tank exploded. Firebug reappeared some time later, taking on a mission from the Calculator to invade Hero Hotline's HQ, but was disarmed and defeated by the Hotline members. Still later, Firebug escaped Blackgate Prison and applied for membership in Black Mask's gang, but was beaten by his rival arsonist, Firefly. He subsequently attempted to prove he was a better arsonist, and again appeared to be killed by his own inferno.
- In his first appearances, Joe Rigger was African American. In Gotham Central #4, he is depicted as Caucasian.
- 11 Appearances of Joseph Rigger (New Earth)
- 4 Images featuring Joseph Rigger (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Joseph Rigger (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Joseph Rigger (New Earth)
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Firebug (comics). The list of authors can be seen in the page history. The text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.|