- I've SUCCEEDED! I can go through keyholes, through cracks in walls, through the eye of a needle itself! I shall get RICH, RICH! NOTHING CAN STOP ME NOW!
- -- Professor Doombie src
In the early 1940s, in his secret laboratory in Manhattan, Professor Josephus Doombie perfected a fast-acting atom-compacting Elixer of Size, and its antidote, and decided to use these serums to commit crimes. On his first day as a super criminal, he and his gang were put out of business by the Sandman.
- Chemistry Laboratory
- In his first crime, Doombie carries archery equipment, and uses it to anchor a climbing line to a door frame. It's like a more primitive version of Sandman's Wirepoon Gun.
- Internal evidence points to 1 Nov as the date of Doombie's invention and career change, but does not specify the year. Adventure Comics #67 had a cover date of Oct 1941, and went on sale in Aug 1941.
- Doombie tests his formula on himself, but it's not stated that this is his first test of it, with a live subject, so Doombie is still less crazy than Darrel Dane.
- 1 Appearances of Josephus Doombie (Earth-Two)
- Images featuring Josephus Doombie (Earth-Two)
- 1 Quotations by or about Josephus Doombie (Earth-Two)
- Character Gallery: Josephus Doombie (Earth-Two)