- I've SUCCEEDED! I can go through keyholes, through cracks in walls, through the eye of a needle itself! I shall get RICH, RICH! NOTHING CAN STOP ME NOW!
- — Professor Doombie src
In the early 1940s, in his secret laboratory in Manhattan, Professor Josephus Doombie perfected a fast-acting atom-compacting Elixer of Size, and its antidote, and decided to use these serums to commit crimes. On his first day as a super criminal, he and his gang were put out of business by the Sandman.
- Chemistry Laboratory
- In his first crime, Doombie carries archery equipment, and uses it to anchor a climbing line to a door frame. It's like a more primitive version of Sandman's Wirepoon Gun.
- This version of Professor Doombie, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- Internal evidence points to 1 Nov as the date of Doombie's invention and career change, but does not specify the year. Adventure Comics #67 had a cover date of Oct 1941, and went on sale in Aug 1941.
- Doombie tests his formula on himself, but it's not stated that this is his first test of it, with a live subject, so Doombie is still less crazy than Darrel Dane.
- The splash panel mistakenly calls him "Professor Doobie".
- 1 Appearances of Josephus Doombie (Earth-Two)
- 1 Images featuring Josephus Doombie (Earth-Two)
- 1 Quotations by or about Josephus Doombie (Earth-Two)
- Character Gallery: Josephus Doombie (Earth-Two)