- You are fortunate, sir. I believe that, just as no man has the right to own another -- no man has the right to take another's life!
- — Joshua Thomas Wayne src
While his brother worked as a federal judge, Joshua ran the many Wayne businesses.
Together with his brother, they would use a cavern system to free slaves in Gotham. Solomon started to build a magnificent manor right above the caves to distract unwanted attention to their activities near the place. However, in 1860, Joshua was killed by bounty-hunters that chased him through the woods, although he managed to crawl home into the wine cellar and die without tarnishing the family name as a criminal.
After Joshua's death, the building was left unfinished and the place was deemed as haunted.
The truth of Joshua's death was not discovered until over a century later.
- 4 Appearances of Joshua Wayne (New Earth)
- 5 Images featuring Joshua Wayne (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Joshua Wayne (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Joshua Wayne (New Earth)