Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Judson Caspian spent his life as a crime fighter after the death of his wife and ruthlessly killed criminals. He was scorned by many people including Thomas Wayne. For unknown reasons, he moved to Europe, where his son, Julian, would leave him, before moving back to Gotham City. This also happened to be Batman's first year of crime fighting. Judson once more assumed the identity of the Reaper. This led him into a direct conflict with Batman. This led Batman to go to extreme measures to stop him including using a gun. Batman ultimately defeated and unmasked him at a construction site and found out that he was his fiancee's father. Batman tried to save him, but Caspian chose to fall to his death rather than go to jail.
After his funeral, Rachel left Bruce, and they never saw each other again. Meanwhile, his son created the Reapers in order to continue his father's work around the world.  In Gotham, an unrelated criminal took up the mantle of Reaper but used it to kill and rob innocent people.
- Judson Caspian was created by Mike W. Barr and Alan Davis, first appearing in Detective Comics #575. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Judson Caspian first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Batman/The Shadow #3 by Scott Snyder, Steve Orlando, and Riley Rossmo.
- 2 Appearances of Judson Caspian (Prime Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Judson Caspian (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Judson Caspian (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Judson Caspian (Prime Earth)