Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
- You're too late! You can't stop the seasons turning!
- — Calendar Man src
Julian Day is a criminal who has the ability to age based on the seasons of the year. At the end of each year, he dies and and is reborn again the next year. This cycle created his obsession with dates as he uses it to play sick games for Batman to solve.
Calendar Man usually a permanent inmate of Arkham Asylum. When Batman hid Psycho Pirate in Arkham, Bane came for him and tore through the asylum and defeated all it's inmates, who Batman had freed to weaken Bane. Eventually, Bane confronted Calendar Man, but instead of fighting him, Calendar Man stated that everything was just a loop and that all of this was pointless as Bane would never win.
Powers and Abilities
- Accelerated Aging: Day's body ages at an accelerated rate, "with the seasons". Each season he gets older and will always die in winter and molt his skin.
- Resurrection: After Day dies in winter, he molts his skin and is reborn a young man in his prime. This usually takes an entire year but with chemical spores he can hasten the process to as little as a week.
- Journalism: Day acted as an anchor on the superhero news channel - Channel 52 - after first gaining his reputation as Calendar Man.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Basic)
- Tactical Analysis
- Power Instability: Eventually, Day must die and be reborn. He has little control over this.
- Julian Day was created by Bill Finger and Sheldon Moldoff, first appearing in Detective Comics #259. However, in the Prime Earth continuity, Julian Day first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Channel 52 #1 by Scott Snyder, Mikel Janín, and Tom King.
- The tattoos on Julian Day's head are sometimes roman numerals depicting the months of the year. Sometimes the months are written in three letter short form instead of numbers.
- 30 Appearances of Julian Day (Prime Earth)
- 4 Images featuring Julian Day (Prime Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Julian Day (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Julian Day (Prime Earth)