Gaius Julius Caesar was a Roman general and statesman.
In the year 44 B.C.E., when Caesar was expected to declare himself the first emperor of Rome, he was assassinated by the Roman Senate, an event that precipitated the Roman Civil War.
Shortly before his death, Caesar raped his nephew, Octavius, and instructed boy to carry out his will by continuing the constant expansion of Rome by war and conquest to ensure the empire's eternal prosperity. Decades later, Octavius, now the emperor Caesar Augustus, forbade the further expansion of Rome's borders. Augustus did so on the advice of Dream of the Endless, to free himself from the traumatic memory of his uncle.
Perry White often swore on Caesar's ghost.
- This character is a fictional representation of Julius Caesar, a real person. More information on this person can be found at Wikipedia.org.
- In the Pre-Crisis Multiverse, Earth-Two, Earth-S and Earth-One each had a separate and distinct Caesar. On the Post-Crisis New Earth, those three characters were combined into one being.
- Leading Comics #8 is the first physical appearance of Julius Caesar in a DC comic, but he had been seen earlier in All-Star Comics #15 as an illusion created by the Brain Wave.
- In Green Lantern #10, immortal caveman Vandal Savage claimed to have been Julius Caesar. While some of Savage's other assertions in that story have been shown to be false, it is possible that claim was true, and that on Earth-Two Caesar was a disguised Savage. (On New Earth, Savage never made a similar claim.)
- 24 Appearances of Julius Caesar (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Julius Caesar (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Julius Caesar (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Julius Caesar (New Earth)