Justice League: Gods and Monsters Chronicles is a series of shorts that serve as prequels to (and promos for) Justice League: Gods and Monsters. The series of shorts debuted on the Machinima YouTube channel, and were developed to tie into the 2015 animated film and comic mini-series of the same name. They ran in the the month before the release of the film. This web series takes place in the alternate Gods and Monsters universe and each episode focuses on one of the three main characters: Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman.
- Benjamin Bratt as Superman (episode 1)
- Michael C. Hall as Kirk Langstrom/Batman (episode 2)
- Tamara Taylor as Bekka/Wonder Woman (episode 3)
- Paget Brewster as Lois Lane (episode 2)
- Daniel Hagen as Doctor Sivana (episode 2)
- Penny Johnson Jerald as President Amanda Waller (episode 2)
- Josh Keaton as White House Aide (episode 2), Kobra Guard (episode 3)
- Tahmoh Penikett as Steve Trevor (episode 3)
- Tara Strong as Harlequin (episode 1), Brainiac (episode 2)
- Bruce Thomas as Kobra (episode 3)
The series was the first collaboration between Warner Bros. and Machinima, which was the most-viewed YouTube channel in the world at one time. This creative collaboration followed on the heels of Warner Bros' investment of $18 million in the channel in March of 2014. The series was also the first production of Blue Ribbon Content, a digital content production unit of Warner Bros. formed in 2014 and led by Sam Register, president of Warner Bros. Animation. Although Machinima and Warner Bros. announced that the series was renewed for a second season, with ten planned episodes scheduled for, series creator Sam Liu reported that the season had been shelved until further notice. However, the series and the collaboration with Machinima came to a sudden end in January of 2019 when the entire Machinima channel went dark, and all their videos were reset to private.