"When the Dark Seed Blooms... Armageddon Unleashes!": Amanda Waller has learned where the Cosmic Seed is, and races across the Arctic Circle until she comes to its resting place, where she is blocked momentarily by Green Arrow. A
Synopsis for "When the Dark Seed Blooms... Armageddon Unleashes!"
Amanda Waller has learned where the Cosmic Seed is, and races across the Arctic Circle until she comes to its resting place, where she is blocked momentarily by Green Arrow. Arrow had tracked her and briefly questions her until she immobilizes him, and tells him what Brainiac's data revealed - that the Justice League destroyed the Source Wall, the Omega Titans were at Colu and the Cosmic Seed would bring them to Earth next - so their mission is to find it.
Colu is being evacuated, and anyone close-by flees in terror at the sight of Brainiac's tech on the assembled heroes and villains. Defences come on line and the Justice League finds themselves battling androids, while the Tree of Wisdom grows from the Central Intelligence of Colu. In a moment's respite, Batman moves to reassemble the League, but Luthor points out that someone even more intelligent than himself designed the plan they had been following, so they should continue.
Each team feels a pull to the Tree whose energy they are connected to, and head for them. Defences wait at each, as the Justice League all bear the dreaded signatures of Brainiac. They find the four trees:
- Tree of Entropy: Ultra Penitence Prison
- Tree of Mystery: The World Nursery
- Tree of Wisdom: Central Intelligence of Colu
- Tree of Wonder: Tomb of the Science Priests
Each has formidable defences that must be overcome, particularly the Nursery; which is a nursery of worlds. Sinestro sees the nursery of ten thousand planets as something that must be controlled, while Superman is incensed at seeing "Kandor on an exponential level" and is resolved to free them all. In the middle of this, the Martian Manhunter realizes that releasing all these stolen worlds will create energy that will power the Tree of Mystery.
At the Coluan Prison called Ultra Penitence, Batman and Luthor's Team Entropy fight their way through guard droids and escaping prisoners towards the center of the prison where they release... Brainiac 2.0.
But on Earth things have progressed beyond the point of no return - Amanda Waller and Green Arrow have found the Cosmic Seed - and it is active...
Appearing in "When the Dark Seed Blooms... Armageddon Unleashes!"
- Team Entropy
- Team Mystery
- Team Wisdom
- Team Wonder
- Donna Troy
- Flash (Wally West)
- Green Lantern Corps
- General Sam Lane (Voice only)
- Brainiac I (Mentioned only)
- Queen Industries (Mentioned only)
- Task Force XI (Mentioned only)
- Teen Titans (Mentioned only)
- Central Intelligence of Colu
- Tomb of the Science Priests
- The World Nursery
- Ultra Penitence Prison
- Dark Multiverse (Mentioned only)
- Source Wall (Flashback only)
- Cosmic Seed
- Cosmic Trees
- Tree of Entropy
- Tree of Mystery
- Tree of Wisdom
- Tree of Wonder
- Promethean Giants (Flashback only)
- Yellow Power Ring
- Coluan Flier
- Arctic Snowcat
- Amanda Waller and Green Arrow began their trek into the Arctic Circle in Green Arrow Annual (Volume 6) #2.
- Cover gallery for the Justice League: No Justice series
- Images from Justice League: No Justice Vol 1 2