JLA: The Nail is a three-issue comic book mini-series published in the United States by DC Comics. It is a self-contained story by Alan Davis which stands outside of the mainstream continuity of the DC Universe. Crisis on Infinite Earths: The Compendium gave it the designation Earth-898 and made it part of Hypertime.
In this universe, the truck of Martha and Jonathan Kent has a tire puncture which is caused by a nail. This prevents them from discovering the spaceship containing the baby Kal-El, and so, there is no Superman.
The theme of the story is set by its first paragraph from the proverbial rhyme "For Want of a Nail".
The story was followed up by a sequel in Justice League: Another Nail which ties into the original story and wrapped up several loose ends such as the aftermath of the war between New Genesis, Apokolips and the Green Lantern Corps as well as Oliver Queen's public betrayal of the Justice League.
- JLA: The Nail (2000)
- Justice League of America: The Nail: The Complete Collection (2020)
- The title on the covers is "Justice League: The Nail", but is given in the indicia as "JLA: The Nail"
- Comics from Justice League: The Nail Vol 1
- Collections from Justice League: The Nail Vol 1
- Cover Gallery: Justice League: The Nail
- Images from Justice League: The Nail Vol 1
- Textless Cover Art from Justice League: The Nail Vol 1