"The Lords of Order, Chapter 1": Dr Langstrom studies in the Hall of Justice's basement. He reveals that the other members of the Justice League Dark had taken away his experimental equipment but, regardless, he continued his studies of magic
Appearing in "The Lords of Order, Chapter 1"
- Demons Three
- Lords of Order (First appearance)
- The Otherkind
- The Conjoined (Flashback and main story)
- The Offspring
- The Soup
- Upside-Down Man
- Andrew Bennett (Cameo)
- Bagman (First appearance) (Cameo)
- Black Alice (Cameo)
- Black Orchid (Cameo)
- Cachiru (First appearance) (Cameo)
- Creature Commandos (Cameo)
- Deadman (Cameo)
- Drakul Karfang (Appears only as a corpse)
- Enchantress (June Moone) (Cameo)
- Father Time (Cameo)
- Felix Faust
- Frankenstein (Cameo)
- Klarion (Cameo)
- Kulak (Cameo)
- Manitou Dawn (Cameo)
- Nightshade (Cameo)
- Ragman (Cameo)
- Solomon Grundy (Cameo)
- The Bride (Cameo)
- Zatara (In a photograph only)
- Blue Devil (Mentioned only)
- Cult of the Cold Flame (Mentioned only)
- Francine Langstrom (Mentioned only)
- John Constantine (Mentioned only)
- Hecate (Mentioned only)
- Mordru (Mentioned only)
- Neron (Mentioned only)
- Nightmaster (Mentioned only)
- Parliament of Trees (Mentioned only)
- Sargon (Mentioned only)
- Oblivion Bar
- Sphere of the Gods
Synopsis for "The Lords of Order, Chapter 1"
Dr Langstrom studies in the Hall of Justice's basement. He reveals that the other members of the Justice League Dark had taken away his experimental equipment but, regardless, he continued his studies of magic; mixing scientific methodology with the occult.
Elsewhere Wonder Woman and Zatanna are in Maine trapping the Demons Three so that they can speak to Felix Faust. They find his quivering in a corner gibbering and incapable of coherent speech. Using a spell Zatanna reveals only one word: "Midnight", and the two return to New York City. They travel to a building known for its occult ties but inside they find only death and destruction. From the rubble Papa Midnite emerges and informs Zatanna that Mordru was near but that he has since left.
In the Oblivion Bar people flood around the place as it is being used as a refugee station for displaced magic users. Swamp Thing provided Detective Chimp with a number of mini-gremlins facsimiles of himself to help staff the bar. Bobo sits with Etigran and Swamp Thing discussing how they could keep things running when Traci 13 drops her tray.
At the door The Otherkind appear, they filter into the bar and slaughter a number of magic users. Det. Chimp uses the Morning Sword to open a portal to Myrra and relative safety - as they arrive several of the Lords of Order appear before them. And Kirk, elsewhere still, finished his ritual and by chanting his incantations he summons Khalid Nassour who reveals that the Lords had gone rogue.
- This book was first published on February 13, 2019.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Justice League Dark Vol 2 8 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Justice League Dark series
- Images from Justice League Dark Vol 2 8