"The Cracked Mirror, Part 2": Amazo continues to strike the walls of the Mirrored Room, driven on by the voice refusing to give straight answers to his questions. The voice tells Amazo to find the answers in his own soul, but Amazo believes he does not have one.
Read beyond this point at your own risk!
Synopsis for "The Cracked Mirror, Part 2"
Amazo continues to strike the walls of the Mirrored Room, driven on by the voice refusing to give straight answers to his questions. The voice tells Amazo to find the answers in his own soul, but Amazo believes he does not have one.
Meanwhile Superman suddenly finds himself transported from his date with Lois to a hate rally, standing in front of a banner with a modified S shield. The rallygoers move to attack a small group of protesters and Superman swoops in to protect them. Remembering his father’s advice to serve as an example of the best in people, he gives a speech to both groups about tolerance and peace, when a flock of drones appear and order him to surrender. The drones fuse together to form Brainiac, but not the Brainiac he knows, and he realises he is in another reality.
Back in Superman’s reality, Overman attacks Lois and demands to know where he is. He also quickly realises he is in another reality and resolves to conquer this other world. Lois shoots him with a Kryptonite gun, but Overman is immune to the radiation. Lois assumes he will kill her but he unexpectedly spares her and flies off.
In India, Martian Manhunter is speaking with his friend Eruch in the park in New Delhi. He senses that something is wrong with the League and initially plans to stay out of it, but when Eruch suddenly disappears and is replaced by a young boy, he realises he cannot avoid becoming involved. He shapeshifts into his Manhunter form and flies to Metropolis, arriving to find Overman easily fighting off the League.
On Overman’s world, Superman fights off Brainiac. Before he destroyed the robot it mentioned Vandal Savage, and he realises that this alternate world is ruled by a Nazi regime under Savage, similar to an alternate timeline he dealt with in a previous adventure. He is attacked by a Nazi army and realises that with their more advanced technology they may eventually overwhelm him. A portal appears in the sky above him and he is sucked through to an underground hideout where he is greeted by the Freedom Fighters, heroic alternate versions of his enemies.
In the Justice League’s universe, Overman has physically overpowered the entire League, but J’onn overwhelms him with a psychic attack, forcing him to relive his repressed memories of killing the woman he loved (his world’s version of Lois) when she betrayed the Reich. J’onn realises that Overman is not responsible for the mysterious disappearances and suddenly senses that something is very wrong. Meanwhile, Amazo destroys the Mirrored Room and he is left floating deactivated in space.
Appearing in "The Cracked Mirror, Part 2"
- Justice League
- Lois Lane
- Fourth Reich (Overman's World)
- Darkseid (In a vision)
- Doctor Fate (Flashback only)
- Freedom Fighters (Overman's World)
- Doomsday (Emil Hamilton) (First appearance)
- Metallo (First appearance)
- Zod (First appearance)
- Lex Luthor (Flashback only)
- Lois Lane (Overman's World) (First appearance) (Dies in flashback)
- Jonathan Kent (Mentioned only)
- Professor Ivo (Mentioned only)
- Solomon Grundy (Dies in flashback)
- Superman (Brave New Metropolis) (Mentioned only)
- Superman (Earth-D) (First appearance) (In a vision)
- Wonder Woman (A Better World) (In a vision)
- A Better World (In a vision)
- Earth-D (First appearance) (In a vision)
- Overman's World (First appearance)
- The Savage Time (Mentioned only)
- Bracelets of Submission
- Green Lantern Ring
- Hawkgirl's Mace
- Kryptonite Gun
- Wonder Woman's Tiara
- Kryptonian Rocket (Flashback only)
- This issue confirms that the Overman seen in this comic is a distinct character from the Overman of Earth 10.