"Things Fall Apart": Darkseid had been the only New God to truely hear the prophesy that foretold the end of the Fourth World, and had prepared for it. On Tamaran, and now on Aeolon in the Ghost Sector, Darkseid searches for the components of his salvat
- I will stop Darkseid. It is the one thing I can still do. His cherished plan cannot be fulfilled if it's missing some vital pieces. Like the three of you. Removing even one of you will make a hole in his scheme. I have no choice... even if it means killing my sister. You will not leave Tamaran alive.
Synopsis for "Things Fall Apart"
Darkseid had been the only New God to truely hear the prophesy that foretold the end of the Fourth World, and had prepared for it. On Tamaran, and now on Aeolon in the Ghost Sector, Darkseid searches for the components of his salvation. The Anoot have been technologically enhanced by Brainiac and now have the power to grievously wound Darkseid. "Prevent Sepulkore. Deny Darkseid", is their cry, but Darkseid's Omega Beams say differently.
A shockwave — a shockwave felt across the universe - drops Darkseid to his knees as the Anoot close in.
Elsewhere in the Ghost Sector, Jessica Cruz refuses to allow the Justice League Odyssey to continue to act according to Darkseid's plan and travel to Tamaran. Cyborg, Starfire and Azrael deny that Darkseid is influencing them. Before Jessica can leave, the same universal shockwave buffets Brainiac's Skull Ship and Cyborg finds that it matches the energy of The Source. They crash on Tamaran, and reaffirm that they are a team - though Jessica's Green Lantern Ring is running out of power without possibility of a recharge.
Outside, Kory screams at the desolation of her home planet, and her sister Blackfire hears her cry and confronts the Justice League Odyssey. Tamaran was ruined by the instability they encountered in the Ghost Sector, and Kory was not there to save them. Now that Blackfire believes they are all part of Darkseid's plan - Blackfire will kill them all to prevent it.
Darkseid realizes that he must fight or die, as the final day of the Fourth World is here. Outside the Ghost Sector, the Source Wall is gone and Darkseid can see New Genesis and Apokolips wink out of existence. There is very little time, and despite the wounds caused by the Anoot, be presses the attack until all of Brainiac's minions are destroyed, but something worse has come — the Eskaton. Despite adding components to his Other Box, Darkseid is overwhelmed and pierced by the talons of the God-destroying Eskaton...
Appearing in "Things Fall Apart"
- Eskaton Demons (First appearance)
- Brainiac (Mentioned only)
- Green Lantern Corps (Mentioned only)
- Justice League (Mentioned only)
- Ghost Sector
- Apokolips (Mentioned only)
- New Genesis (Mentioned only)
- Source Wall (Mentioned only)
- Green Lantern Ring
- Other Box
- Boom Tube (Mentioned only)
- Green Lantern Power Battery (Mentioned only)
- Mother Box (Mentioned only)
- Omega Beams
- Totality (Mentioned only)