The satellite would be the League's home for the next several years. Members were able to teleport to and from the satellite using teleportation centers located across the planet. League members took turns on watch duty, monitoring Earth from the satellite and dispatching the League as needed. This
The Justice League Satellite was a home base of the Justice League. Some time after the location of their Secret Sanctuary was revealed, the Justice League of America built a geosyncronous (22,300 miles above the equator) space station "satellite" headquarters.
The satellite would be the League's home for the next several years. Members were able to teleport to and from the satellite using teleportation centers located across the planet. League members took turns on watch duty, monitoring Earth from the satellite and dispatching the League as needed. This era of the Justice League (and its roster of heroes), is commonly referred to as the "Satellite League".
The underpinnings of the League began to strain, as many of its most important members found themselves devoting less time to the JLA for a variety of reasons; Flash experienced tragedy in his personal life, while the "big three" of Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman were committed to their own caseloads. When the satellite was destroyed by the Green Martians, Aquaman decided the destruction of the satellite provided an opportunity to disband the JLA and start over. The satellite was subsequently used once more by Batman and the Outsiders to restore Halo's lost memory with the equipment inside the place.
The satellite met its final and complete destruction during the Crisis on Infinite Earths, when it was destroyed by a self-destructing Red Tornado that had been sabotaged and tampered with by the Anti-Monitor. The satellite's flaming wreckage fell to Earth, nearly destroying the city of Detroit, but disaster was averted by the new Justice League under the Martian Manhunter's direction.
Points of Interest
The satellite was divided between various "decks". The quantity of decks varies according the source. It had artificial gravity.
- Outer rim: docking facilities, storage room
- Monitor Room
- Interdimensional screen
- Justice League Teleporter
- Meeting Room: with a round table; 12 seats.
- Central computer
- Dimensional Transporter (needs at least 1/2 year of storaged energy).
- Trophy Room: with souvenirs from the JLA's previous adventures.
- Infirmary (contains the Purple Healing Ray)
- Medical Lab
- Archery range
- Sick bay
- Pool (for Aquaman)
- Food prep
- Dinner room: incredibly it contains a fireplace.
This deck communicates with the outer rim.
- Private chambers: Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Firestorm, Hawkman
- Recreation room
- Think tank
- Private chambers: Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Black Canary, Elongated Man
- Guest room
- Life support
- Appearances of Justice League Satellite I
- Location Gallery: Justice League Satellite I
- Catalogued images related to Justice League Satellite I